Call today for free estimates, advice, or answers to any questions you might have.
Moth-proof your rugs
- Certain moths digest protein and trace moisture found in wool.
- They prefer dim or dark areas and eat a rug from underneath.
- Moths love dirty and grimy fabric.
- Moth-proofing is NOT an insecticide. It only renders the wool inedible. It is odorless and totally safe for use around children and pets.
- Protection lasts until the rug is wet-washed and rinsed.
Do not vacuum fringe
- Vacuuming fringe will wear out fibers and can lead to thinning and tearing.
- Vacuum only up to the edge of the rug.
- Straighten fringe with fingers or gently brush them out.
Rug pads prevent sliding
- To keep a rug in place, lay padding on the floor first.
- Cut pads to size so they stay flat and invisible.
- Pads not only keep your rug down, but also protect the floor beneath.
- Do not use regular carpet pads on hardwood floors.
Do not wash your rug at home
- Improperly washing a rug can lead to color bleeding and damage.
- Improperly drying a rug can lead to mildew and rot.
- Wall-to-wall carpet companies are not equipped to clean handmade rugs, and can often damage them.
- Only have your rugs cleaned by professionals trained in oriental rug cleaning.
Do not use spot cleaners on your rug
- The moisture and chemicals can cause colors to bleed or bleach.
- Scrubbing at a stain can cause it to set deeper into the fabric.
- The best thing to do is blot the stain with a towel both on top of and underneath the rug.
- Call us as soon as possible. If you leave a message and it’s an emergency, we will call you back as soon as we can.
Don’t lose hope if your rug is damaged
- Despite the damage, many rugs are fixable.
- Pet stains, color bleeding, even holes and tears can all be repaired.
- We will also work with your insurance company for maximum savings.
- Before you throw away a damaged rug, call us for a free estimate!
Let us restore your rug’s natural beauty.
3151 Skylane Dr. #103
Carrollton, TX 75006